jess knows best

Friday, December 4, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree! (alternatively titled: My Biggest Heist Yet)

Technically, it wasn't a heist. There was no stealing involved, no hold-ups or shoot-em-up scenes, and I didn't have a Bonnie-and-Clyde getaway. But it was such a good deal, I might as well have stolen it. What was the loot, you ask? For $2-- two dollars-- I bought a Christmas tree from Salvos. In the original box, still in the plastic packaging, never been used... they also had bags of assorted Christmas ornaments for $2-5 dollars, so I bought several of those as well... what a find! Our Christmas Tree: We wern't going to do a tree this year, on account of (1) the fact that we're not going to be here for Christmas anyway, (2) the expense involved, and (3) the likelihood that the dogs will just see the tree as a giant toy receptacle and eat all of the ornaments. But for two bucks, we can afford to lose a few ornaments!! So we're officially in the Christmas Spirit! And even though I can't wait to spend Christmas in Texas and put presents around Mom's big tree with ornaments she's saved since I was in pre-school, right now I'm enjoying our much smaller tree with ornaments somebody else's kids made. But, they're still homemade. It counts, right? This weekend we're working on Christmas Cookies. Oh, and, by the way... Alfie DOES have a collection of stolen Christmas tree ornaments on his bed.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home