jess knows best

Monday, October 26, 2009

I'm a Winner!

My blog posts of late haven't been that great, and I apologize for that. Blogging without pictures isn't nearly as exciting as blogging with pictures, and, most upsettingly, I still can't find my charger. But, that's okay. I just recently realized my cool-as-can-be phone not only TAKES pictures, but uploads them to my "Mobile Blog". I didn't even know I had a mobile blog. I've noticed they're not as good quality as my real camera, though, so I'm hoping my ebay camera charger comes soon. I'm also hoping its of significantly better quality than Rory's ebay Christmas present I bought him a few Christmases back... he had wanted a text reader, and when I bought it it was technology straight from about 1995... his computer didn't even have the right plugs for it, it was so ancient. But that's another story altogether. Anyway, on to the point of my blog post... I'm a winner!!!! My manager at work, Kate, is a competition Diva. She's won a new kitchen, several vacations, a cruise here and there, and ump-teen gillion other cool things by filling in those "25 Words Or Less" competitions. She inspired me to enter my own competition and.... I won!! A couple months back, I entered the Philadelphia Cheese Competition and wrote a 25 word poem about "the most creative or interesting way I love to use Philadelphia and why." I forget what I wrote, exactly, but it was a rather catchy poem about me waking up one morning, wanting a bagel, having some minor crisis, and everything being alright in the end because I found my Philly. Obviously it was a bit more polished than that. It rhymed and everything! As I remember, actually, the events in the poem were pretty much dictated by what rhymed with what. You can't, for example, have: I woke up in the morning And went to the fridge You must: Wake up in the morning After a good night's snoring.... Goodness, I'm a good poet!! Its probably for the best that I don't remember what I wrote, actually, as it was probably supremely embarrassing. At any rate, "out of 3000 eligible entries," I won a $500 gift certificate to Myer's!! I think I may buy a new ipod. Or I may start my fitness regime with a Wii Fit (*bonus* Rory wants one for Christmas. Two Birds, One Stone). Whatever I decide to do with it, I'm totally stoked. Being the seasoned competition winner that I am, I've recently begun entering every competition I see. Much of the snack food that arrives in our cupboard now does so because if I buy it and save my receipt, I can WIN something cool. Like, you know, a years supply of cat food for the cat I don't have. Or free coffees from now till kingdom come. It doesn't matter what the prize is, I've become a competition guru. Most recently, I designed this beauty for a GoodTaste Magazine competition: The question? "Tell us in 25 words or less your best eco-friendly kitchen tip". I've never used vinegar as a rinse aid in my life. In fact, I'm not even entirely sure I know what a rinse aid is. But that $350 stick free, stainless steel, lasting forever cookware set? Its MINE!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home