jess knows best

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Embroidery Projects

I've finished two embroidery projects recently, so thought I might share the finished products. I'm sorry about the picture quality, but I'm still using my camera phone. Should have a new charger by Friday, so I might post some improved pictures then. Here's the first project, a pillow case: And some closer- up shots: I've been working on it on and off again since the beginning of September, and finished this in the beginning of October. The 'i' was a gazillion French Knots, which I've never really been able to do properly and which were really annoying. Other than that, it was a fairly easy pattern to complete. This is what it was supposed to look like: I changed the colors a bit, because I didn't like the pastel-y look in the original very much, and I think the flower petals look a bit goofy and diseased in this version. I've also finally finished the flower embroidery I've been working on for the last year. I started it in April 2008 and forgot about it for quite a few months... but its done now, and I'm very happy with how it looks!! I need to get it mounted, and then I'm thinking about entering it into the Canberra Fair's Embroidery Contest. Here's the whole thing: And some detail shots: So now I'm trying to think of things to do next. I've been thinking about stitching some Christmas Stockings, since Rory doesn't have one and I don't think Mom will ever relinquish the one Granny made for me. I'm liking these: The nice thing about those are that you can download the patterns from PattersOnline.com . So no waiting forever for postage to Australia!! But, I dunno. Still looking.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Cathy Gunderman said...

Jessica! I found your blog after seeing some of your pictures on your dad's facebook. Being that doing things like this has been a part of my life FOREVER, I just had to comment here... your work is WONDERFUL! And no one told me that you were getting MARRIED!! When did that happen? I would love to see some pictures. Please email me or keep in touch. gundymom@charter.net. Cathy Gunderman

December 23, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home