jess knows best

Thursday, August 13, 2009

More Port Douglas Pics

Finally got the pictures off my camera, though I didn't have all that many. Dad was the photo guru for the trip... apparently he took over 800 shots, which for all you math dorks (assuming they were up for about 18 hrs a day) meant they took an average of 3 shots an hour. Not too bad, but then consider that at least 5 hours of the day were spent at home in the mornings or evenings and were unphotoworthy, and your total goes up to 4 shots an hour. Still not as bad as I thought it would be, actually, but I spent way too much time trying to work out that on the calculator to backtrack and delete the above paragraph. Just take my word for it... it SEEMED like they took tons!!
Anyway, here are some Port Douglas pictures I took:
Mom and Emily at the Four Mile Beach in Port Douglas. I like the way they both have the same expression!
Rory, Emily and I at the entrance to Mossman Gorge.
Mossman Gorge itself. When Rory and I went in January there was a suspension bridge that you could go across and take a walk through the rainforest... unfortunately this has been taken down due to 'structural concerns'. It was a shame, because it was a gorgeous walk!
Rory, Emily and I swimming at Mossman Gorge. Emily is shivering, and I think Rory is trying to signal that it was hot. I don't know what he's on about; the water WAS cold... I think he's impervious to temperatures.
How I swim best... doggy paddling.
Looking very sexy in our blue lycra body suits that are SUPPOSED to keep jellyfish from biting you (do jellyfish bite? sting, maybe) but are probably more just another way to raise $5.
But they did come in handy as a prawn-hiding device. We hid several in the mitten part of the wetsuits and used them as fish food/ lures. Not TECHNICALLY what you were meant to do, but it was worth it!
Feeding the fish!
Emily snorkeling. Notice how she has ducked underwater and removed her snorkel for the photo? She must have had a mouth full of water, but my sister will do anything for a good photo!!
Notice how there are no pictures of dad snorkeling? That's because he only did it for about 2 minutes. I jumped in ahead of him and swam out a bit, and when I turned around he was doggy paddling out with his mask and snorkel on but his head above water (I think he was breathing out of his snorkel). When he got out the lifeguard asked if everything was okay and he said 'yep, I saw the fish I came to see and now I'm done!' Gotta love dad's sense of humor. He went on the glass bottomed boat twice though, and spent time at the underwater viewing platform as well, so I think he had fun.
Emily buying beer. She was fairly excited to be of legal drinking age in Australia. Mom says when she goes to Austin she should just show bouncers this picture and say 'see! I'm legal!' Rory kissing his Cane Toad for good luck. Also squeezing it a bit too hard, which was probably NOT lucky, but that's okay! Rory trying to get his frog to GO with a birthday hooter thing (I don't know what they're called). You were supposed to get your frog to hop to the edge of the table and put him in a bucket to win.
With my Cane Toad, who was enormously, disgustingly huge, but, in an enormous, disgusting way, kinda cute, too.
I don't think Emily thought her Cane Toad was cute, just disgusting. I love this picture!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home