jess knows best

Monday, August 3, 2009

The Old, The Ugly

I set this blog up primarily so that I can 'stay in touch' with people back home, so I figured I would start with the biggest news: In June, Rory and I bought a 'fixer upper' house in Latham, ACT. That's in Belconnen, about 15 minutes away from my work (I work as an Internship Coordinator at the Australian National University), 30 minutes away from Rory's work, and right down the road from Rory's family, lots of our friends, and the Belconnen City Centre. This is what it looks like: When we bought it, it had four bedrooms: And some very retro wallpaper. Every room had a different print, and every print seemed stuck to the wall with super glue. Don't you love the bright pink? They have some floor to ceiling windows, though, affording a great view of a HUGE backyard (1200 sq m... the second biggest backyard in the suburb). The kitchen was tiny, and full of 1970's 'charm': As was the dining room: And finally, the living room. We could see the potential, but it was small and cramped. For the past month, we've been busy renovating, and I must say, the results have been better than I could have imagined when we started! I will post the 'afters' soon, so stay tuned!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home